This 1908 residence was built of masonry speed block with real stucco exterior, along with classic French-country massing and details. The residence is located on a 2.5 acres waterfront site along Lake Erie.
After multiple incongruent previous additions and renovations, the owner requested that we try to restore this home back to its original quality. After careful analysis of the clients program and the original character, we completely restored and modernized the entire home in 2004. The original exterior stucco finish was matched seamlessly with new DryVit to match the original color and texture. The windows and exterior doors were completely replaced with insulated energy efficient units.
An in ground water and drainage system was installed to improve the site usability. Multiple concrete patios tie the house and site together to augment the views to the lake and wooded gardens. By reinforcing the special historic character and old world qualities, this house has a sense of place that most people crave.